eMalahleni Crematorium will be opening its doors for business within the next week and filling a huge gap in this sensitive area to the citizens of eMalahleni and Mpumalanga.
The requirement for a local crematorium was identified more than 2 years ago and since then the dream became a reality for Leon Smit, the owner/operator.
Many people still wonder whether it is ethical to be cremated. Irrespective of race, religion, cultural background this is becoming the norm. Just as the body decomposes when it is buried, during a cremation the body decomposes, at a much higher rate only. In case of a burial, precious and scarce land is taken up and a tombstone is erected, all at a high cost. With a cremation, the remains (ashes) are provided to the family that can do whatever they want to do with that. You no longer need to maintain a grave in an overcrowded and unmaintained graveyard where robberies and hi-jacking are fast becoming the norm. You can actually put that person to rest where they want to be – under an evergreen tree, at the top of a mountain, in the garden where the person enjoyed life. The choice remains yours!
The state of the art facility is situated in the old Pretoria Road Cemetery next to the N4. Close family members are able to view the preparation and cremation from a private viewing room. Interested parties are more than welcome to get more information on the process and the facility from Leon at the crematorium.
The facility will strive to offer a same day service to ensure that the process is not unnecessarily extended and will try to adhere to all requests. The management and staff promises to offer you a service with Compassion, dignity and respect.
Compassion – Dignity – Respect
Being cremated has become more acceptable for all cultural groups because:
- It is cheaper than traditional burials.
- Cremation costs are covered by funeral policies.
- Family can attend the cremation service / Family viewing room available.
- It offers a personalised and dignified option in terms of the memorial service and can accommodate any religious ceremony.
- Cemeteries are full and not maintained.
- Tombstones are stolen or damaged.
As an associated member of the National Funeral Directors Association the privately owned Emalahleni Crematorium offers:
- Same day cremations.
- Collection of remains from undertakers if required.
- Guaranteed Individual cremations.
- Remains handled with dignity and respect.
- Ashes packed and ready for collection within 24 hours.
- A variety of free caskets for ashes are available.
E-mail: email@example.comTel:076 1977 460